New York, SEPT 18-24
The several events included:
- Climate Action & UNEP-FI organized Sustainable Investment Forum (SIF): Over 300 attendees that were a mix of multilateral institutions, funds and service providers. Ecosphere+ had a booth with Poseidon, it got very busy especially following the morning keynote speech by Poseidon. The buzz of the conference became our blockchain work.
- IETA organized Carbon Forum North America: Over 100 attendees that were a mix of policy-makers, offset project developers and brokers and NGOs.
- Kate attended a FashionxClimate event hosted by Eco-Sessions. From this she had some fantastic conversations with the fashion industry!
- TFA and Forest Trends hosted an event that Kate attended. The event launched the TFA 2020’s 2018 global egenda including its ten priority focus areas.
- Mission2020 & CERES organized pitch session: Smaller group brainstorm session on how to align and support one another’s ideas. Around 30 attendees from NGOs and investors with each having 2 minutes to describe a new idea that their organization would be willing to lead and each relayed 3 asks from the community: Laszlo and Jessica were invited to pitch carbon on blockchain. The ideas were grouped thematically with follow up organized to coordinate attendees’ support and further development.
Overall it was a fantastic week in which we met lots of great new people and learnt a lot!